We want to work with a freelance producer who has a good understanding of the outdoor touring circuit in the UK and internationally or who is interested in building up these contacts. You will use your experience and networks to help us grow our outdoor touring circuit and tour the show widely, put the company together to tour, manage the logistics so that we can tour comfortably and as sustainably as possible and collect the data and write the tour report.
This role is initially one day a week but this may grow over time.
Your Location : Remote with some national or international travel
Our Location : We are based in Boscombe on the South Coast of England.
Fee : £250/day inclusive
Deadline for applications : 10am Tuesday 4 April
How to apply : send a letter of interest, or a short video of no more than 3 minutes, along with your CV with two referees to
You can download and print our equal opportunities form HERE
Ideal starting date : on appointment
Background of the company
Joli Vyann are a South West England dance circus company directed by Olivia Quayle and Jan Patzke. Joli Vyann’s work challenges audiences with new innovative ways of integrating dance and circus, blending the two genres and enveloping it in theatrical scenarios, character and intention. Joli Vyann’s work is athletic, technical, exciting, emotive, sensitive and relevant.
Since the company’s inception in 2012, we’ve created 5 outdoor shows and 3 indoor shows, all touring extensively. Our 1st indoor show, Stateless, premiered to sell-out audiences at London International Mime Festival in 2015 and has since toured internationally. In 2015, we were awarded the Pavilion Dance South West’s ‘Shift & Share’ commission to make Imbalance, a collaboration with renowned choreographer Jonathan Lunn. Imbalance had a successful full month run at Underbelly’s Circus Hub Edinburgh Fringe 2016 and went on to sell out 4 nights at Sadler’s Wells as part of The London International Festival 2017. Our third indoor show, ‘Anima’ , toured nationally in 2019. It premiered at the Queen Elizabeth Hall as part of The London International Mime Festival, selling out two nights.
Our outdoor shows have also been extremely successful. Lance Moi En L’Air was commissioned by Without Walls in 2016 and toured all over the world including 2 trips to South Korea. TimeLess was made in 2021 and is about the Climate Crisis. The very current theme made the show extremely popular and last year it toured extensively and will continue to tour nationally and internationally.
We teach masterclasses and workshops internationally and have taught professionals, beginners, specialist arts schools, integrated companies, refugees, community groups for challenging teenagers and recovering drug addicts and alcoholics.
How we work
Joli Vyann is a company limited by guarantee. We are the 2 directors of the company. We are life partners as well as work partners and had our first child 2 years ago and so understand the need for flexible working. Having family time is as important to us as having our focussed company time. The creation and touring of our shows takes up most of every late spring/summer and through the winter we tend to tour indoor work and focus on our education work. We are now developing a small advisory group as we want to take advice about growing our company and creating a year-round company ecology. We have a team of freelancers who we bring to provide specific expertise such as commercial activity or strategic support. We have an accountant and a book-keeper. Other than that we are a small and friendly team with a strong work ethos. We are looking for someone to join who will fit in with this and understand the need for flexible working.
Why we need you now
We are trying to achieve a greater balance between life and work and recognise we can’t continue to do everything ourselves. We are determined to grow the company to provide stable year-round employment and to share our passion for our art form and our expertise by doing more teaching and training work. In this challenging economy, touring companies have to work much harder to use and extend networks and secure the bookings for the tour and now is a perfect time to bring someone in who can focus on this allowing us to focus on the practice of the work and doing other contracts to bring work into the company.
- Contact outdoor festivals and cities for European and international touring 2024, promoting Joli Vyann’s shows and booking a tour
- Manage the tour logistics for summer 2023 and 2024 tours of TimeLess and Lance Moi En L’Air
- Negotiate and check 3rd party contracts and write and issue contracts for the company
- Support with recruitment of artists, production manager and technicians for tours
- Occasional travel to see the show or meet the company when it’s touring
- Collect and manage data from the tours
- Write tour reports for funders
Person specification :
- Able to demonstrate at least 3 years experience in producing dance, circus or Outdoor Arts
- Love working in dance and circus
- Experience of promoting a company, show or venue and creating marketing assets
- Able to demonstrate strong communication skills
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail
- Able to evidence negotiation skills
- Used to working on your own but as part of a bigger team
- Able to travel widely
- Used to working with Word, Excel, Gdrive/Gmail, Zoom, Microsoft Teams
- Experience of report writing and evaluation
- Strong on data and information collection and data management
- Familiar with GDPR
- Interested in developing work with the company to cover other areas such as long term strategy